Friday, April 11, 2008

Can you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Somewhere along the line, I became really good at my job.

I am not a DJ in the typical sense. I dont spin vinyl anymore. That habit became too expensive for me to keep up with the demand of what people want to hear. Today, im going to give a rundown on my setup for entertainment as it is a similar setup for what other professional DJs use downtown.

First and foremost is my computer. I own an Acer 5920 which is a core2duo pentium setup with 2 gigs of ram. This is my headpiece for everything I do and it controls several programs at once, including my actual DJ program.

From that machine, I control an external mixing board which does most of my sound tweaking. The Hercules MK II is a solid choice for any starting dj and can really show you the hands on approach that changes a cd player into a real DJ.

I also control lights via a DMX out program that I worked on labeling and converting scene for it for about a month solid.

This is a basic run down of what I use to entertain.

No comments: