Tuesday, March 4, 2008

UEFA Champions League + Mid-day drinking = hooligans!

Live blogging for the win!

Legends has wireless internet and I'm here to watch the UEFA Champions League. Im an American Kid and my favorite sport is.... soccer?

I love this game and Ive watched it as much as I can. Most of the time, I am pressed to go to a bar to watch the games since most of them are carried on satalite and not by our local cable company. That's just too bad. Being stuck in a bar... with a soccer game... and lots of beer. I have NO clue how all those fights in Europe start over soccer. No clue what so ever.

Ive been coming here for the past few months to watch games on Thursdays. Game days happen live overseas and we get to see them live too. At this time of day, most people are at work. I get to have fun and watch soccer.

Im here today to watch the second leg of the knockout stages. My favorite team, The Arsenal, are playing against Inter-Milan from the Italian Serie A.

Sports bars are usually full of cheese and you have to fight meatheads who want to watch NASCAR all day. I've been coming down here long enough that some of the day regulars now actually watch the games with me, along with some of my friends. The linked photos show us all together.

Im on my first pitcher and by the time this game is over, Ill be calling the fiancee to pick me up because I wont be able to drive away from this game. I guess its the Englishman in me coming out to shine :-)

No comments: